Sunday, September 11, 2016

Malaysia Badminton - Goh Liu Ying - 吴柳萤


 


Goh Liu Ying (born 30 May 1989 in Malacca) is a Malaysian professional badminton player who competes in the doubles event. She and her regular partner, Chan Peng Soon have ranked as high as No. 3 worldwide in mixed doubles. They won the silver medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Name: Goh Liu Ying

Birthday: 30 May 1989

Sports: Badminton

Nationality: Malaysia

Highest Achievement: Silver medalist at Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.

 
 

Her journey to get to where she is not however was far from easy.

She shared some of the challenges she has had to deal with:

"I did not have such remarkable achievements like the Chinese team, I did not have the steady performance of the Korean team, I did not have the tactical strategy of the European teams nor did I have the experience of the Indonesian team. I am just Goh Liu Ying.

“While others completed the training set by the coach, I could only do half.

“I couldn’t build up muscles like other athletes. With smaller muscles, there’s less protection and more chance of me getting injured.

“I couldn’t risk overexerting during training. The strength in my legs is less than that in others.

“When we found ourselves in the semi-finals, facing one of China’s top pairs, I thought that we might have a chance at the bronze medal.

“But we won that tough semi-final and I felt like it was a dream."

  



 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment